It's nothing but a faded memory.
Things change with time, but
I feel the sun's warmth on my skin,
And I'm reminded of you.
I look back to see what's left behind.
Nothing but these fragments remain,
And when I turn to the sky for help,
The sky I saw every night as you held me,
Everything is different.
The sun comes up, and I'm
Another day older than yesterday.
The wind tosses my hair to the side,
And the sky is still the same.
I look out my window to see the stars,
And the moon is still bright and pale.
All is the same but yet it's changed
Because you're gone.
It's nothing but a record on repeat.
Things remain as others fade, but
I hear the wind calling out to me,
And I am reminded of you.
I remember the glow on your back
As I followed closely behind you
In the footsteps that are still here,
And when I look to my heart for help,
Everything is broken.
The sun comes up again,
And it doesn't feel right anymore.
The wind blows me to the bridge,
And the sky and water no longer merge.
I look to see the stars,
But the sky is hidden by vast clouds.
All is the same as it once was
Because you're gone.
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment